TANZANIA UPDATED ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - 13 September 2021
Updated entry requirements for tourists and residents travelling into Tanzania after 13 September 2021
The entry requirements into Tanzania have changed again on 13 September 2021!. The major points for our tourists to consider when traveling to Tanzania are:
- All travelers including those vaccinated against covid will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival or to their first airline when departing their home country. The only accepted test is Real Time Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) testing or Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests (NAATs) done at a nationally accredited/approved laboratory using sample tested within 96 hours of departure to Tanzania.
- All travelers arriving from countries experiencing variants of concern/variants of interest may be subjected to mandatory rapid tests at Points of Entry at their own cost ($10 in Tanzania Mainland / $25 in Zanzibar). The updated list of countries for Rapid Antigen Test is available at https://www.moh.go.tz website or at Points of Entry.
- All travelers are required to truthfully fill in an online Traveler's Health Surveillance Form available at https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/ for Tanzania mainland and https://healthtravelznz.mohz.go.tz for Zanzibar within 24 hours before arrival to URT`.
- Travelers to Mainland Tanzania are advised to pay for COVID-19 rapid test online to avoid unnecessary queue upon arrival through an automatically generated control number obtained after filling online Traveler’s Health Surveillance Forms in the links above.
- Travelers with positive COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test shall allowed to isolate themselves at an approved quarantine hotel for 14 days or more until they test negative using RT-PCR test and will be subjected under strict surveillance procedures.
You can read the full updated document here: read full update.
Note: This is only designed as a guide and accurate as of the date stated above / latest notice issued by the government. You will need to reconfirm if these rules are applicable at the time of your entry and we accept no responsibility for changed or incorrect information.